From the Retirement Plan Specialists
Beyond educating you on tax advantages, GuideStone also provides thorough plan documentation services:
- A compliant, current plan document
- Assistance with required legal notices and disclosures
- Plan correction assistance
- Ongoing plan documentation support for regulatory and legislative amendments
GuideStone’s standard retirement plan documentation includes the Basic Plan Document, Adoption Agreement, Trust and Recordkeeping Services Agreement.
If you believe a 403(b)(9) retirement plan is right for your ministry, we invite you to have a discussion with one of our plan experts. It only takes a brief conversation to determine if you are providing your pastors and staff the right retirement plan for the right price.
GuideStone non-ERISA retirement plans can minister to your ministry.
Engage in a plan designed for faith-based organizations.
GuideStone exists to serve those who serve the Lord. Keeping our mission in mind, we created our retirement plans to accommodate ministry-minded organizations and promote the best outcomes for your plan participants.
A 403(b)(9) non-ERISA plan is structured specifically for church and ministry organizations. If you haven’t considered its benefits, here are a few advantages to being a non-ERISA retirement plan:
- Elimination of nondiscrimination testing for churches and qualified church-controlled organizations
- Elimination of testing on deferrals (replaced by universal availability requirements) for non-qualified, church-controlled organizations
- Elimination of top-heavy testing (examining if the plan disproportionately favors certain officers/owners)
- One set of forms and participant disclosures
- Seamless investment mapping capabilities
Additionally, many non-ERISA retirement plans enjoy expanded contribution options:
- Five-year, post-termination employer contributions for selected employees
- Additional employer contribution options for employees with little or no taxable income
If you’re into the details and more technical discussion, consider downloading and reading our The Role of Church Plan Fiduciaries white paper. We trust it will show you the care and values with which we can serve you and your pastors and staff.
Discover the GUIDESTONE difference.
Preparing Employees Today for Retirement Tomorrow
GuideStone shares your mission and offers comprehensive retirement plans designed to accomplish your goals. Talk to a church plan expert about our investment flexibility, competitive pricing and exceptional service:
The right plan needs the right plan services.
While compliance, non-ERISA benefits, housing allowance and other factors are critical to shaping the best church retirement plan, it’s only the first step. Let GuideStone provide you the very best in plan services to deliver the greatest value.