Education and Advice
Preparing Your Employees Today for Retirement Tomorrow
GuideStone provides proactive plan support and retirement guidance from our team of highly trained professionals, as well as an array of educational tools and resources and timely communication.
Our customer solutions specialists provide dependable information and an in-depth understanding of retirement planning matters such as retirement income estimates, withdrawal strategies, minister’s housing allowance designations, and loan models and requests. GuideStone provides both one-time and ongoing investment advice to participants through GuideStone Advisors®, a controlled-affiliate of GuideStone Financial Resources®. Our one-time advice is provided at no additional cost and consists of an investment allocation that aligns with the participant’s risk tolerance and a retirement income gap analysis with recommendations aimed at improving their retirement readiness. Additionally, GuideStone Advisors offers a managed account service, GuideStone Personal Advisory Services™, to your plan participants. See below for more information about GuideStone Personal Advisory Services.
Plan sponsors have online access to plan features, resources and tools through the GuideStone Employer Access Program® (EAP). Participants have access to their accounts through My.GuideStone.org, where they will also find educational resources, webcasts, tools and calculators.
Ongoing Education — Publications, Webcasts and Tools
E-NEWSLETTER, PUBLICATIONS AND NOTIFICATIONS
- Annual Contribution Limits Notice
- Annual update of the Ministers’ Tax Guide
- Investment Funds Update
- Monthly Market Perspective
- Biannual Financial Market Outlook
- Required minimum distribution (RMD) reminders
- Tax Cuts & Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) Overview: Discussing Tax Developments and Opportunities
- The Struggle Is Real: The Solution Is Simple — Retirement Planning Tips for Millennials
- Preparing for Retirement Overview
- Saving & Budgeting
- Are you properly invested?
- Social Security Considerations
- Withdrawal Strategies
- Investment Recommendation tool
- Retirement Portfolio Models
- SBC Church Compensation Survey
- Compensation Planning Guide
- Retirement savings evaluation
- Benefit of Spending Less Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) Calculator
- Retirement Income Calculator
- Retirement Shortfall Calculator
- Roth vs. Traditional Calculator
- Savings Distribution Calculator
- And more than 50 tools and calculators, including some in Spanish
Personal advice. Guided by values.
GuideStone Personal Advisory Services provides access to GuideStone Advisors — giving your participants ongoing access to one-on-one retirement planning advice through our managed account approach.
Some participants feel more confident about their retirement planning when they can talk with a professional and walk through their unique situations. At GuideStone, we offer this optional, professionally managed account service as a tier of our investment options with the same faith-based values by experts who understand ministry. GuideStone Personal Advisory Services offers:
- A dedicated personal advisor
- A comprehensive financial plan managed by a personal advisor
- Daily portfolio monitoring
- An intelligent rebalancing system
- Discretionary investment management
- Enhanced technology, account aggregation and all-inclusive reporting
This service is available to all plan participants with a minimum retirement account balance of $100,000. The fee is assessed quarterly and based on total assets in the account. These fees are in addition to the underlying mutual fund
GuideStone Personal Advisory Services is easy for participants to use. After engaging a personal advisor, participants receive:
A NEEDS ANALYSIS
Starting the conversation can be the hardest part. A personal advisor will conduct a needs analysis to help participants gain or clarify a financial vision and identify any obstacles that may be slowing progress. Talking through their needs and values helps GuideStone translate priorities into measurable goals and objectives.
A FINANCIAL PLAN
GuideStone then handles the financial research. As most people have an overflowing list of commitments and to-dos, coordinating a financial plan is often a priority left undone. After we identify participants’ financial goals, we will streamline them into an optimized and realistic strategy.
Monitoring the market every single day is not realistic for most investors. Through sophisticated technology, each advisor helps participants determine a specific Risk Number® for their portfolios. Our intelligent rebalancing system proactively manages these accounts in real time to make specific portfolio trades. This keeps these portfolios aligned with each participant’s risk tolerance and investment strategy.
Discover the GUIDESTONE difference.
Preparing Employees Today for Retirement Tomorrow
GuideStone shares your mission and offers comprehensive retirement plans designed to accomplish your goals. Talk to a church plan expert about our investment flexibility, competitive pricing and exceptional service:
A nonprofit 401(k)? Definitely not. See how church plans differ.
If you are unfamiliar with church retirement plans for ministry staff, allow GuideStone — the 403(b) specialist — to help you design a plan that encourages greater participant education, advisory services and outcomes.